Since 2002, Dahl Consulting (DAHL) has been a certified Women’s Business Enterprise (WBE) and an active member of the Women’s Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC). WBENC is the nation’s largest third-party certifier of women owned and operated business in the United States. This certification standard is the most relied upon of women-owned business as a supplier diversity business program. In addition, WBENC’s prestigious certification also validates that a business is at least 51% owned, operated, controlled and managed by a woman or women.
While there are many benefits to various organizations partnering with a WBENC-certified woman-owned business, these five reasons certainly land at the top of the list:
- Tax Incentives | Tax incentives may be the most popular of all WBENC benefits. Partnering with a woman-owned business can provide your company with tax incentives. The federal government offers tax benefits to companies who engage with minority and women-owned organizations to partner for products and services. Additionally, tax liabilities can be reduced for projects that are funded with federal/state grants/loans when the supplier chosen is a woman-owned business. When you partner with DAHL, our employment experts provide your organization with all the WBENC certification information required to enjoy this perk.
- Supplier Diversification Creates Multiple Procurement Channels for Goods & Services | When partnering with a WBENC-certified WBE, your organization gains access to multiple outlets for goods and services. This abundant benefit allows you to analyze various factors and choose what options are the best fit for your company’s needs. As your partnership with woman-owned business grows, this gives you an added advantage of building relationships with suppliers’ alliances. In a 2016 study from the Hackett Group, research shows that “76% of all diverse suppliers meet buyers’ expectations and another 23% exceed them.”
- Diverse Business Reputation | At DAHL, we are committed to growth for our clients as well as our own company. Embracing diversity is a key component to healthy growth of any organization. When you work with a woman-owned business, it illustrates that your company is committed to working with diverse partners. Doing this earns your organization a positive reputation for supporting local communities, and respectively furthers economic growth. DAHL is dedicated to continuously providing excellent service, and when you partner with us your company’s investment counts toward your diversity spend goals. By openly supporting diversity, your business will become more attractive to other corporations looking for second-tier sourcing suppliers.
- Increased Profits & Opportunities for New Sources of Revenue | Further research conducted by the Hackett Group indicates that working with a woman-owned business can increase profitability with as much as 130% in a business’ return on investment, providing distinct competitive advantages. Additionally, the research concluded that procurement organizations who work with a diverse supplier base also had lower overall operating costs and spent 20% less on their buying operations. WBENC aims to “foster diversity in the world of commerce. Diversity promotes innovation, opens new channels of revenue, and creates partnerships which provide opportunities that fuel the economy.”
- Promotes Innovation & Creativity | As a woman-owned business, we promote creativity at DAHL, and work as a team to help our clients and communities thrive in today’s increasingly diverse culture. It is clearly proven that companies who embrace diversity are typically more profitable than culturally homogenous organizations. If a company employs people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives, they often have a better chance of standing out amongst their competitors and are known to deliver more creatively innovative strategies that better meet the needs of their clients. Diverse, women-owned businesses like DAHL are notorious for fast turnarounds and an enjoyable customer experience. Each member of the DAHL team brings a fresh perspective to the table and works hard to deliver creative and thoughtfully crafted opportunities while promoting an inclusive workforce.
Would your organization benefit from partnering with a WBENC-certified business for strategic workforce strategies? DAHL has been recognized for providing innovative employment solutions throughout the Midwest since 1993. We proudly partner with organizations for every stage of their hiring needs, from a company’s first open position, to the peak of their operation’s busy season, and everything in between. Contact us today and begin reaping in the benefits of partnering with a women-owned business!