Since 2002, Dahl Consulting (DAHL) has been a certified Women’s Business Enterprise (WBE) and an active member of the Women’s Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC).
WBENC is the nation’s largest third-party certifier of women owned and operated business in the United States. This certification standard is the most relied upon of women-owned business as a supplier diversity business program. In addition, WBENC’s prestigious certification also validates that a business is at least 51% owned, operated, controlled and managed by a woman or women.
In 2017, DAHL was acquired by Tim and Valerie Doherty, with Valerie accepting 55% of the ownership. As the company’s Chief Executive Officer, Valerie is very closely involved with all aspects of the business, bringing her years of staffing industry experience, as well as her legal credentials to DAHL’s operations.
While there are many benefits to various organizations partnering with a WBENC-certified woman-owned business, these five reasons certainly land at the top of the list:
- Tax Incentives | Partnering with a woman-owned business can provide your company with tax incentives. The federal government offers tax benefits to companies who engage with minority and women-owned organizations to partner for products and services.
- Supplier Diversification | When partnering with a WBENC-certified WBE, your organization gains access to multiple outlets for goods and services. This abundant benefit allows you to analyze various factors and choose what options are the best fit for your company’s needs.
- Diverse Business Reputation | Embracing diversity is a key component to healthy growth of any organization. When you work with a woman-owned business, it illustrates that your company is committed to working with diverse partners.
- Increased Profits and Revenue | Research conducted by the Hackett Group indicates that working with a woman-owned business can increase profitability with as much as 130% in a business’ return on investment, providing distinct competitive advantages.
- Innovation & Creativity | As a woman-owned business, we promote creativity at DAHL, and work as a team to help our clients and communities thrive in today’s increasingly diverse culture. It is clearly proven that companies who embrace diversity are typically more profitable than culturally homogenous organizations.
Our company firmly believes that WBE status allows us to serve organizations that are interested in doing business with women-owned companies. DAHL knows people are our greatest asset. Our mission is to positively impact people’s lives through staffing, payrolling, and managed service provider solutions.